If you have ever encountered the QuickBooks error 6130, you must have incurred the “Error 6130 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” message. It happens when you cannot access your data file. Hence, this detailed article will provide you with the essential info about the issue. It includes the most common reasons and a few fixing methods. You must go through the blog till the end for a comprehensive understanding.
Have questions about the QuickBooks error code 6130? Take guidance from our technical assistance team through 1.855.738.2891.
Why Do You Encounter the Data File 6130 in QuickBooks?
To learn the causes of the issue, read out the following listed reasons-
- If your company file has been corrupted or damaged, there is a possibility of receiving the glitch.
- The outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop can also give rise to the error.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Unable To Locate PDF Viewer
How to Entirely Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6130?
In this section of the blog, we have mentioned two troubleshooting methods that will help you to remove the glitch appropriately-
SOLUTION 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- In the very beginning, quit the QuickBooks software if you are using it.
- Now, you must download the Tool Hub. Ensure to download the newest version.
- Once it gets downloaded, save it to a location where you can later access it easily.
- In the further step, open the file and run it to install the program.
- Move ahead as per the instructions prompted on the screen and accept its terms and conditions.
- After clicking on the ‘Finish’ button, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub and hit the ‘Company File Issues’ menu.
- Next, tap ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ and move to the drop-down menu to choose the company file you want.
- Now, tap on the ‘Check your file’ option and ‘Continue’.
- In the end, you are required to give your QuickBooks admin password credentials and click on the ‘Next’ button.
SOLUTION 2: Check for the Latest Available Updates of QuickBooks Software to Update It
- Quit the QB application if you are using it and go to the ‘Start’ section of the Windows.
- With the help of the search box, look for QuickBooks and then right-click on it to access the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Further, by pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-clicking on the QB icon, move to the No Company Open window.
- In the following screen, tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option available under the ‘Help’ menu.
- Next, from the ‘Options’ tab, hit ‘Save’ followed by ‘Mark All’.
- After that, jump to the ‘Update Now’ section and enable the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- You must now download the updates by hitting ‘Get Updates’.
- As soon as the download finishes, close the window and rerun QuickBooks to install the downloaded updates.
- Finally, reboot your computer system.
We hope by now you must have understood the entire concept of the QuickBooks Error 6130. We have tried our best to deliver the most relevant information about the glitch. For any further queries related to the issue, speak to one of our professionals at 1.855.738.2891.
This article written on FO India