Are you looking for ways to move the QuickBooks company file to a new computer? Are you wondering whether performing the process would affect the crucial data you have stored in the data file? Well, the answer is no. You can appropriately transfer your data file to another device without hampering your info. All you need to do is follow some basic steps to do so. In this blog, we have explained the entire procedure step-by-step to avoid facing any issues while transferring the file. Make sure you read the entire article carefully.
If you find it challenging to shift the data file to a new system, immediately get in touch with the technical support team at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
How does Migrator Tool help to Shift a Company File to Another Computer in QuickBooks Desktop?
In this section of the blog, we have briefly focused on some points that you must remember before performing the entire procedure. Following is the listicle. Make sure to follow each point precisely-
- When using the migrator tool, you will require to set a strong password in order to get access to everything that you just moved to the new computer device. Ensure to remember the password.
- With the help of this tool, you will be able to transfer only three company files that you accessed recently. All these three files will be copied to a USB flash drive.
- The migrator tool will automatically download the accurate version of the QuickBooks Desktop compatible with your new device.
- Although you will make use of a USB flash drive to shift the file, the actual work will be performed by the migrator tool.
- Using the migrator tool is safe as it would not harm any of your QuickBooks data.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15102
What is the Process to Transfer the QuickBooks Data File to a New Device?
If you want to access your company file in another system but do not know how to do it, follow the steps we have provided below. For your convenience, we have divided the whole process into two parts. Have a look at it-
METHOD 1: Follow the Below-Mentioned Steps on the Old Computer Device
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Desktop and click on the ‘File’ menu.
- Now, move your cursor to the ‘Utilities’ option and hit ‘Move QuickBooks to another computer’.
- In the next step, choose I’m Ready and then set a one-time password.
- After that, go ahead as per the instructions prompted in order to select the USB flash drive.
- Now, the files will be copied.
METHOD 2: Perform the Following Steps On the New Computer System
- In the beginning, you are required to insert the USB flash drive and then open it.
- A list of files will appear on the screen from where you must locate the ‘Move_QuickBooks.bat’ file.
- Once you find it, click twice on the file to start using the migrator tool.
- Further, you are required to provide the one-time password just created.
- Next, click on ‘Let’s Go’.
- Now, the migrator tool will run and perform its task.
We suppose after going through this blog; you have acquired sufficient knowledge on how to move QuickBooks Company File to a New Computer. If you need any additional assistance, consult with one of our professionals through 1.855.738.2891.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6130